About Us

History 

Clear Lake is a kindergarten through fifth-grade school with an enrollment that averages around 400 students. Child care services are available before and after school through Salem Child Development. Our mascot is a Cougar.

Clear Lake elementary was built in 1994 and was named after the Clear Lake district of Keizer. The area got its name from the lake of the same name, which was known for its clear water.  In the summer, students would swim and boat in Clear Lake. The original Clear Lake school was built in 1892, a group of Clear Lake residents gathered to establish a school.  They were single-minded in their purpose, electing a school board that very night and deciding upon a site within three weeks.  Two separate acres had been offered by John and Edna Bair, who had purchased 160 acres in Clear Lake after their move from Indiana in 1881.
 
After six years of use, the building underwent its first major change, with an addition including a belfry.  The belfry didn't get a bell until a box social was held in 1910 to raise funds.

Business Partners




Maps Credit Union is the district's Premier Sponsor. Click on the logo above to go to our partner's website.

Click here to learn more about Salem-Keizer's Business Partnership program.